Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Here are a couple of new paintings in the works. This little piece is an 8x10 oil on panel. I've not painted a lot of fabric and I'm finding that I picked a pretty difficult piece to paint. I thought it was finished, but feel that I need to go in again and make quite a few adjustments to the cloth to give it more depth
This piece is currently on the easle and it's a sort of Allegory of my wife Jenniffer and me. The background is a drawingboard I use with a small engraving of Florence which is in Tuscany where we were married. The wine box is from the actual place we had our wedding. The wine is one of favorite reds. The small seashell is from our first trip to the beach here in Charelston and the books are our two areas of study. The candles and the single tack have significance as well.
Please excuse the poor quality. These were taken with my phone. I'll be sure to take some better photos once it's complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment